Translate

mardi 24 juin 2014

Wearing the Bionic Pancreas: Experiencing Life in a New Way



It’s been great to see all the recent press about the bionic pancreas since the ADA’s 74th Scientific Sessions a couple of weeks ago. As many of you have seen here on Glu, it’s one of our favorite topics! In March, I had the great opportunity to speak about being part of the Beacon Hill Study at Camp Hot Shots in Omaha, Nebraska. This presentation was given to parents of children with type 1 diabetes. Cory Harter, the camp director and founder, introduces me, and after sharing some of my background, I dive into all the details about participating in the bionic pancreas study at the eight-minute mark in the video.

What was it like to wear the bionic pancreas? I lived in the moment without being distracted by the hundreds of diabetes decisions I make every day. The bionic pancreas did all the work. The mental relief let me and my family experience life in a new way. I felt like I was my true self for the first time since diagnosis—the impact was that significant. I hope you enjoy the video, and I look forward to your comments and questions!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire